1.Description:Plastic Raschig rings are pieces of tube (approximately equal in length and diameter) used in large numbers
as a packed bed within columns for distillations and other chemical engineering process.
It provide a large surface area within the volume of the column for interaction between liquid and gas or vapour.
Used for devices where gas and liquid are put in contact for purposes of gas absorption, stripping
or chemical reaction, and as a support for biofilms in chemical reactor .
Number per m3
1)By small plastic bags(0.13m3/bag)
2)By big enhanced plastic bags(1m3/bag),and two bags put on 1 pallet.
5: Advantage :
1. First generation packing type used in mass transfer processes.
2. Comprises of a simple hollow cylindrical tube with a height: diameter (aspect) ratio of 1:1.
3. Proven, well-established and well-documented.
4. Exceptional strength to weight ratio.
5. Good resistance to fouling.