Views: 18 Author: Pingxiang Chemshun Ceramics CO.,LTD Publish Time: 2022-11-14 Origin: Pingxiang Chemshun Ceramics CO.,LTD
The tower packing has excellent acid and heat resistance, and can resist the corrosion of all kinds of inorganic acids, organic acids and organic solvents except hydrofluoric acid. The application range is very wide, and can be used in chemical industry, metallurgy, coal gas oxygen industry drying tower, absorption tower, washing tower, recycling tower, etc. Tower packing according to the material can be divided into three types: ceramic packing, plastic packing, metal packing. What kinds of tower packing are commonly used?
Type of tower packing
(1) inorganic packing and organic packing
Inorganic packing: inorganic packing mainly takes natural minerals as raw materials and is made of granular packing through mining and processing, and a few of the packing is made of processing. a. Silicon oxide and silicates. b. Carbonates and carbides. c. sulfates and sulfides. d. titanate. e. Oxides and hydroxides. f. Metal.
Organic fillers: Organic fillers are made of natural animals and plants and synthetic organic materials. (e.g. regenerated cellulose, synthetic resin, etc.)
(2) inert filler and active packing
Inert filler: is the natural ore with wet grinding after drying or dry grinding powder directly used.
Active packing: using coupling agent surface treatment to make the surface of the packing with a coating or natural minerals after calcination or both methods.
(3) microspherical (solid or hollow) fillers
The main characteristic of microspherical packing is that the length is roughly equal in any direction. a. There are two kinds of glass microbeads: solid microbeads (sunk beads) and hollow microbeads (floating beads). b. Polymer microbeads are polymer microbeads made of organic compounds.
(4) flake, fibrous, needle-like packing
Scaly packing: Particles that are much longer in two directions than in a third, having a scaly shape.
Whisker: Tiny fibrous single crystals made of metal oxides of silicon carbide, boron nitride, alumina, graphite, or beryllium.
(5) Glass powder and ground glass fiber packing
It is made of broken glass or glass fiber grinding, is the filler of thermosetting and thermoplastic matrix, can give products heat resistance and low shrinkage, and can improve mechanical properties.
(6) Compound packing
By using the characteristics of different fillers, two or more kinds of fillers are combined and modified by special treatment method.
When selecting tower packing, the best standard for a particular application is based on the desired performance of the composite material. The following basic principles must be taken into account:
(1) The tower packing must maintain its original structure in the process of processing, and keep inert, insoluble, thermal stability, non-volatile, no catalytic activity and low adsorption.
(2) The tower packing must be compatible with the substrate and non-corrosive.
(3) Easy to handle, high accumulation density, low moisture content, low dust, non toxic.
(4) Must be readily available, sufficient supply, moderate price, stable quality.